Home fragrance products can last for months if used and cared for properly. To get the very most out of your products, follow the tips and instructions outlined below.
How to get the best from your room diffuser:
- Pour the fragrance into the Senti bottle and place all the reeds in the liquid. Allow 24 hours for the fragrance to diffuse, turn the reeds once a week away from furniture, or as required, to release the scent.
- Avoid placing the fragrance in direct sunlight or by radiators as this will affect the evaporation. If placed in a hallway or by air vents the fragrance travels easily with the natural air movement.
- Do not light the reeds as the fragrance is flammable!
- Your fragrances should last up to 3 months (250 ml) and up to 5 months (500ml) depending on location and temperature of the room they are in.
- When the fragrance has totally evaporated the reeds are so impregnated with the scent that they can be used in your drawers, airing cupboards, linen baskets and even in the car! They will keep the fragrance for months to come.
Candles need to be treated well to ensure they live up to their full potential. The burning time of each candle can be dramatically shortened if they are not cared for as suggested.
Ensure wicks are trimmed regularly. They must not exceed 1cm as long and uneven wicks can emit smoke, cause rapid or irregular burning as well as dripping.
Refrain from burning the candle for longer than is written on the instructions attached with the candle. Wait until the whole surfaces becomes liquidised before extinguishing your candle and refrain from burning the candle.
Before the wax solidifies, reposition the wicks vertically to their original place and clean the inside of the candle to avoid the appearance of soot.
Store candles in a cool, dry place, preferably flat to prevent warping and out of direct sunlight or harsh indoor lighting, as this can cause fading. Dust, fingerprints and any dirt that has gathered on your candle, can be removed by gently rubbing the surface with a piece of nylon or a damp soft cloth. To tackle tougher stains, such as wax drippings, run hot water over the surface to soften the wax and scrape to remove excess residue.
- Never leave a candle to burn unattended and keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Be sure the candle holder is placed on a stable, heat-resistant surface.
- Refrain from burning a candle on or near flammable objects.
- Avoid burning candles in glass vessels that has not been specifically designed to hold candles. These may not able to withstand the changing temperatures that take place when they are lit.
- Extinguish candles when they get within two inches of their holders or decorations.
- Avoid hot wax spattering by holding your finger in front of the flame whilst blowing, the air will then go around your finger and extinguish the flame on both sides.
Please ensure you check any instructions that are provided with each specific candle to achieve the best results.
Fragrance sprays work more effectively when used regularly as over time, materials and fabrics will hold the scent and will be released on impact such as walking on carpets/rugs or sitting on sofas.